Athletics at Eastern
It's the roar of the crowd, the "oohs and aahs" that get the athlete going. It's the "You can do it. Keep trying; I am here to help you," that keeps an athlete's spirits high.
Teamwork is stressed and hard work is expected. Sports are more than the wins and losses, more than the trophies and accolades. It's the five days a week of practice, the games in which they prove success, and that extra effort on an athlete's own time. Sports are life for many here at Eastern; they provide a meaningful experience and memories that last forever.
Whether the team is playing Ballard or J-Town, these athletes give 110% to prove not only to their school and peers, but to themselves that they are worthy of the Eastern insignia they wear on their uniform.
Eastern offers more than 17 different sports, from football to the rifle team.
A letter to parents from the eastern athletic trainerClick on this link to read the letter from Athletic Trainer Kevin Brown
Important Information for Prospective Athletes
Athletic Physical and other Required Forms (Click Here for the KHSAA/JCPS physical forms in pdf format)
- Forms can be picked up in the front office (same as the link above)
- Every student that wants to participate in a sport must have all forms completed
- All forms must be turned in to the coach of the sport or to the Eastern High School Athletics office before participating in any physical workout
- The Physical and Physical Addendum must be signed and dated by a physician
- The JCPS Parent Permission/Release must be notarized
- All forms must be completely filled out (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Athletic Transfer Forms (Click Here for the KHSAA transfer form in pdf format)
- Forms can be picked up in the front office (same as above)
- Every student that has participated in sports at another school whether it is Varsity or no must fill out a transfer form,
- The form must be turned in to the athletic office before participating in any physical workout
- The athlete must be cleared by the athletic office before he or she can participate